About South Queensland
Queensland is the second-largest and third-most populous state in Australia, and shares its border with the Pacific Ocean. Due to its size, the state is broken into South Queensland and North Queensland, with the main population concentrated in the State’s South East.
Queensland’s South is home to the capital city Brisbane, which is the largest city in the state, and the third largest in Australia. First explored by the Europeans in 1842, it is now referred to as the 'Sunshine State' for its desirable climate, and easy access.
Why not take advantage of our Free Planning Service
Climate & Information
About South Queensland
Brisbane is at the heart of the region and the capital of the state is centred along the Brisbane River. The sunny Gold Coast and the famous Surfers Paradise lies to the south of Brisbane, extending from the coast west to the foothills of the World Heritage listed Lamington National Park. The Nature Coast just an hour north of the state’s capital Brisbane lies on the Pacific Ocean coastline, boasting pristine white beaches and the Glass House Mountains in the lusg green Hinterland. Just offshore, are two of South Queensland’s most impressive natural treasures, World Heritage Listed Fraser and Moreton Islands, which is home to wild dolphins which come in to feed each night.
Queensland is said to have the best climate, with an enviable climate of warm sunny days almost year round. Warm summers and mild winters are what you can expect, plus loads of sunshine it makes the perfect holiday destination. . The capital, Brisbane has temperatures averaging around 30°C and experiences its highest rainfall in summer which occasionally brings thunderstorms and floods. This is also the most humid time of the year in the city, whereas the Winter is generally dry and mild.
Much of South Queensland’s wealth comes from agriculture, manufacturing and tourism. Brisbane, the main economic centre and the gateway hub to the Gold Coast and Nature Coast has seen significant economic and population growth in recent years and continues to grow.
Size: 22,420 square kilometres (Britain is 245,000 km2)
Industries: Agriculture, manufacturing, commerce and tourism
Main cities: Brisbane (capital - 1,041,839), Gold Coast (494,507), Moreton Bay (378,045), Sunshine Coast (306,909)
Top 10 places to visit in South Queensland:
- Brisbane City
- South Bank
- Lone Pine Sanctuary
- Australia Zoo
- Moreton Island – Tangalooma
- Gold Coast – Surfers Paradise
- Gold Coast Theme Parks
- Sunshine Coast – Noosa
- Gold Coast Hinterland
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Local agents on hand at all times
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of twin and multi- centre holidays
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Breakfast included in most locations
- Free nights and upgrades at many top resorts
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Part of Freedom Destinations, a leading UK travel company
- Independent and established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- High customer satisfaction rate