About Western Australia
Western Australia is the country’s largest state, occupying about a third of Australia’s land mass. Its capital, Perth, originally the Swan River Colony, was first settled in 1820 after previous attempts had failed.
Bounded on the west by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, most of Western Australia enjoys a year round mild climate and plenty of sunshine. The tropical north is one of the least explored regions of the country and is mostly only accessible by air or 4WD vehicles.
Why not take advantage of our Free Planning Service
Climate & Information
About Western Australia
The largest and most westerly Australian state with one third lying within the Tropic of Cancer. Perth and the South West enjoy a Mediterranean climate with long dry summers and considerable sunshine. The north of the state experiences more tropical weather and can experience typhoons during the wet season.
The south west is the most fertile with a good production of cereal crops and extensive pastoral farming. Inland the outback can be dry, hot and unproductive - but starkly beautiful.
Much of Western Australia’s wealth comes from mining and the state is a major exporter of minerals. The population has increased considerably over the years, attracted by the employment opportunities connected with mining and, of course, the desirable climate.
Size: 2,650,000 square kilometres (Britain is 245,000 km2)
Industries: Mining (iron ore, bauxite, gold, nickel), agriculture, fishing, tourism
Main cities: Perth (capital - 1,900,000), Bunbury (67,000), Geraldton (38,000), Kalgoorlie (30,000)
Top 10 places to visit in Western Australia:
- Perth City
- Port of Fremantle
- Margaret River region
- Kalbarri National Park
- Desert flowers in Spring
- Perth's beaches
- Ningaloo Reef
- The Kimberlys
- Pearling City of Broome
- Expert staff who have travelled in Australia
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Local agents on hand at all times
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of twin and multi- centre holidays
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Breakfast included in most locations
- Free nights and upgrades at many top resorts
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Part of Freedom Destinations, a leading UK travel company
- Independent and established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- High customer satisfaction rate