Under the watchful gaze of the famous Petronas Towers Malaysia’s capital offers an ideal stopover location - old colonial architecture mingles with modern shopping malls and excellent public transport. The gateway to Malaysia serves as an ideal short city based stopover break or extend your time by visiting one of the country’s beautiful beach resorts.
Out and About
With its fast, modern and easy to negotiate monorail system Kuala Lumpur’s attractions are well connected and accessible and can be reached at an affordable price. There is plenty to fill your days with, including:
- Petronas Towers – no visit to KL is complete without a free visit to the viewing platform
- Islamic Arts Museum – housing the largest collection of Islamic decorative arts
- Kampung Baru – traditional Malay village amidst tropical gardens
- The Lake Gardens – escape the city and relax in the expansive 92 acre parklands which houses a fabulous Bird Park.
- Jalan Alor – the best in Chinese street food
- Chinatown – a colourful array of markets and decorative temples
- Lake Titiwangsa – offering the best views over the city
- Little India – the colours, sounds and smells of India come alive
- Zoo Negara – discover native Malaysian wildlife within easy reach of the city
- Thean Hou Temple
If your time in Malaysia permits then a visit to one of the country’s island resorts is a must. Lively Penang and the smaller, less busy Langkawi are the two favourites or, quieter still is the scenic east coast region around Kuantan with fine beaches facing the South China Sea. Inland the cooler Cameron Highlands are perfect for trekking through or relaxing within.
Freedom Australia offers a range of great hotels in exceptional locations throughout Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia. Your travel consultant will help you choose the one that’s right for you. Prices start from:
- Standard - Comfortable, air conditioned with good facilities £32pp
- First Class – Iconic luxury hotels with suburb facilities and 24 hour service from £52pp
2 night Kuala Lumpur Explorer from £135
For a memorable stopover experience, chose our 2 night Explorer which offers everything you need including:
- Two nights accommodation of your choice with breakfast
- Half day city tour
- Half day visit to the Batu Caves
- Return airport transfers
To book flights, stopovers or complete tailor made holidays, call Freedom Australia today on 0844 567 8050
A chance to break your journey and do some exploring. Book a hotel only or choose one of our special stopover packages.
Stopover packages include:
- 3 or more nights hotel accommodation
- Selected day tours and/or activities
- Return airport transfers
Ask us to design a stopover that is unique to you.
Tailor Make your perfect Australia Holiday
With Freedom Australia you can enjoy the type of holiday you are looking for - with the help of our Free Planning Service.
You can mix and match any of the hotels, resorts and touring options on this website to create your perfect holiday experience.