The fascinating capital of Thailand, a modern metropolis set within the cultural landscape of the East with ancient temples, bustling markets, busy waterways and vibrant nightlife. Bangkok is a shopaholics dream; the perfect stopover destination for those wishing to bring home a bargain!
Out and About
For an authentic Thai experience jump aboard a traditional TukTuk for an inexpensive and unique way to get around Bangkok or alternatively take the ultra modern and comfortable sky train which will give you a birds eye view of the city. There is plenty to see and do, including:
- Floating Market – absorb the colours, smells and sounds of Bangkok’s famous shopping experience
- Jim Thompson’s House – traditional Thai house once home to the American Silk entrepreneur
- Grand Palace – the famous home to the Emerald Buddha
- Wat Po – the spiritual home of the famous Reclining Buddha and some of Bangkok’s oldest temples
- Bridge Over the River Kwai – 2 hours from Bangkok is the brutal reminder of the Japanese Occupation during World War II.
- Chinatown – colourful streets littered with congested markets
- Chao Phraya Express – journey down Bangkok’s waterways stopping at many riverside attractions
- Ko Kret – Bangkok’s car-free island and one of Thailand’s oldest settlements
- Emporium Shopping Centre – a hive of designer shops and the latest fashion
- Dusit Palace Park – relax and enjoy a performance of traditional Thai dance
Thailand is renowned for its pristine beaches and you don’t have to travel far from Bangkok to find a fine example. Less than two hours south of the city you will find the lively Pattaya Beach or if you prefer a more relaxed option there is the quieter Cha Am Beach. For an extended stopover travel to the delightful tropical island of Koh Samui surrounded by the crystal clear waters and powder soft white sand beaches.
Freedom Australia offers a range of great hotels in exceptional locations throughout Bangkok and Thailand. Your travel consultant will help you choose the one that’s right for you. Prices start from:
- Standard – Comfortable, air conditioned with good facilities - £32pp
- First Class – 4 star plus, with top dining and leisure facilities - £56pp
- Deluxe – Iconic luxury hotels with suburb facilities and 24 hour service £81pp
3 night Bangkok Explorer from £259
For a memorable stopover experience, chose our 3 night Explorer which offers everything you need including:
- Three nights accommodation of your choice with breakfast
- Half day Temples of Bangkok and city tour
- Full day visit to the Floating Market & Rose Garden
- Return airport transfers
To book flights, stopovers or complete tailor made holidays, call Freedom Australia today on 0844 567 8050
A chance to break your journey and do some exploring. Book a hotel only or choose one of our special stopover packages.
Stopover packages include:
- 3 or more nights hotel accommodation
- Selected day tours and/or activities
- Return airport transfers
Ask us to design a stopover that is unique to you.
Tailor Make your perfect Australia Holiday
With Freedom Australia you can enjoy the type of holiday you are looking for - with the help of our Free Planning Service.
You can mix and match any of the hotels, resorts and touring options on this website to create your perfect holiday experience.